Successful online marketing – be it Internet marketing, affiliate marketing or marketing an offline business online – requires a number of tools and services. By using ONE site for integrated hosting, autoresponders, trackers and more, you can save time by having them all in one place and save a LOT of money over using all different service providers to get each tool separately.
So first let’s look at what tools and services are most commonly needed at each stage of your online marketing business…
Beginner Online Marketing:
- Hosting: You need to have a place for your blog, squeeze pages, site, salespages, etc.
- Autoresponders: If you’re not building an opt-in list and doing e-mail promotions, you’re not making much money online, if any. For this, you need professional autoresponders with good delivery – and often more than one, since various niches each need their own follow-up e-mails.
Intermediate Online Marketing:
By this point you’re using your hosting and autoresponders heavily, with multiple squeeze pages, multiple salespages and multiple opt-in e-mail lists all humming along and making you reasonable money online. So now, along with those two tools you’re ready to add in…
- Shopping Cart Manager: With a variety of products available now, you want to make it easy for customers to buy more than one product at a time to take advantage of their decision to buy from you at that moment.
- Support Desk Manager: Your customers are important to you and by now you’ve learned that great customer service breeds more repeat customers and great word-of-mouth referrals. Make it easy on your customers and yourself by using a customer-care support desk.
- Product & Customer Management: And with all of those new customers and more products, you want a simple system for managing those transactions and better records of who bought what & when they bought from you.
- E-Book Generator & Brander: Now that you’re successful and experienced you’ll want to be writing and creating your own e-books or working with outsourced materials to created your reports. Why buy expensive software to create reports and brand them for affiliates when you can get the tools as part of your consolidated service provider?
- Affiliate Program Manager: And speaking of affiliates, you’ll want other people promoting your products both to generate more sales and to help you build your opt-in list of buyers and prospects. Having your own affiliate program can make that happen – especially if it lets you easily add new products and list the products you already have online, no matter what site they’re on or where they’re hosted. You might have products on 2 or 3 different hosts and 5 or 6 different domains, so you want a system that integrates seamlessly with all of your products and sites.
- Download Protection: It’s an unfortunate part of marketing online that you have to watch for those few people who will buy your digital products and then share the download link on sites set up for that explicit purpose – ripping YOU off by allowing their friends to download all your products for free. While you can’t stop that outright, you can protect yourself and limit your exposure in two ways – links that are only valid for the time limit you set AND only work for a limited number of clicks. For example, the buyer may get a link that’s valid for up to 3 clicks, with those clicks having to be used within 48 hours of their purchase.
- Ad Tracking: By the time you reach this level, you already know enough to be using paid advertising to multiply your efforts and build sales and your opt-in list that much faster. You’re probably also using a number of other methods, including social media, video marketing, podcasting, article marketing, etc. So which ones are working best for you? Which methods should you be spending more time and money on and which ones should you reduce or drop altogether? The only way to know for sure is with professional ad tracking that shows you your cost per click (CPC), cost per acquisition or sale (CPA) and your cost per signup (CPS)
- Link Rotator: If you want to hear a collective groan from your online marketing associates, bring up the topic of Split Testing. This is the biggest difference between good results and great results and everyone knows they SHOULD be doing it – yet it’s such a hassle very few online marketers are actually split-testing their squeeze pages and/or salespages. Yet with a link rotator it’s simple… Let’s look at a squeeze page example. There are three main variables here: your background, your headline and your body copy or bullet points.
So you design your squeeze page and make 3 different copies of it – identical except each has a different background color or photo. You upload all 3, then put the three links into your link rotator. You buy a 200-click solo ad and when it’s done you check your stats to see which of the 3 pages got the most opt-ins. Next, you make 3 copies of the best-performing page and use a different headline on each. Once again you send a solo ad and by end of day you know which headline pulled best. Finally you duplicate the page with your best background and best headline, this time trying 3 different sets of bullet points and/or body copy. After sending this solo, you know you have your best squeeze page with the right headline, body and background.
Your ad spend has been under $300 and all of your testing has taken 3-5 days. But for that extra bit of time and money you now have a much higher opt-in rate on a page you can promote full-blast for months and, if your follow-up funnel is effectively built, you’ll make back that investment and more just from the extra subscribers this page brings in – not to mention how much faster your opt-in list is building!
- Membership Site Manager: The Holy Grail of online marketing is recurring income – income that continues for months or years from one initial sale. Granted, you can make that as an affiliate by promoting recurring billing sites, but as an affiliate you’re only making a bit of each month’s revenue and you have no control over the quality of the site or even how long it stays online. You could spend months promoting it and building up good residual income, only to have the site owner abandon it or simply shut it down. The safest way to build recurring income, therefor, is to launch your own membership site – or a few of them. And to make it simple, you want access to built-in tools to let you easily build that membership site and control the site and membership easily. And you want a simple way to contact your members at the drop of a hat, as they say.
Advanced Online Marketing:
First off, congrats on reaching this advanced level! By now you’ve most likely got multiple sites, multiple products, multiple opt-in lists with tens or hundreds of thousands of subscribers and either have or are considering setting up your own coaching program, right? So obviously you’re not about to switch all of your sites and lists to a new host – but have you ever added up what all of the 11 tools and services above are costing you?
Fortunately, by now you’ve probably come to realize the folly of having all of your lists with one autoresponder service and all of your web properties on one host. Otherwise, when your autoresponder is down your e-mail marketing is on pause and if your host is down you’re completely out of business until the service resumes. And if either simply disappears, you’re up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Ironical how your sites or lists go down just as you start a big launch or JV/Affiliate contest, isn’t it?
So rather than moving anything, why not use the one site that has all of the above for your future expansion? That way, if either of your hosting sites go down you still have the other – if either of your autoresponders is down you still have at least SOME of your lists to send to. That kind of protection can go a long way towards keeping your income from suddenly dropping to zero and reduce that hair-pulling stress you experience every time either is down!
Best of all, the services like the affiliate program and link tracking/link rotator work no matter what site or host you’re using – you just add a small piece of code to your existing salespages to include those products in your affiliate program. You can even set up different affiliate programs for different niches, or one for your products and a separate one for your coaching and/or membership sites. Want some of your squeeze pages to start building lists on your new service? Just replace the old autoresponder code with the new one – no need to design new squeeze pages or move them from where they are. You can even use the new site to create cloaked links to products, services and sites on your existing hosting!
Saving Time, Saving Money:
It’s easy to see how having all of these services on one site – one login to have the entire toolbox at your fingertips – is going to save you time versus having to run all over the Internet opening more and more tabs to access all the services you use.
So how is this eBusiness Automation Center going to save you money every month? Even if you’re only using a few of the 11 services and tools listed above, what are they costing you in total each month? For example, your autoresponders – how much do they go up for every 5,000 subscribers? Say you had hosting for numerous sites, 23,000 subscribers, 10,000 affiliates and 21,000 members in your membership program – what would your cost be? Are you using a link tracker yet? Add that cost in too. Pretty big total – almost scary, isn’t it? Yet all of that would just set you back $30 per month here!
That’s why I have most of my lists and most of my sites, including our 3,000+ page fitness site, on the site that offers all of the above. As I mentioned in the section on advanced online marketing, by the time you reach my level in the biz you need to be using multiple hosts and autoresponder services – but online marketers at every level should be using this site. And if I were just starting in the business, this is the ONE site I’d use exclusively until I was at or above 6-figures a year. I’ve been using the site since it opened years ago, and have recommended it to every online marketer I’ve coached or mentored over the years.
Take a look to see which of the silver, gold or platinum levels is right for YOUR online marketing growth plans while you can get your first month for just $4.95 before they decide to cancel the introductory special for new customers. You owe it to yourself to make more money in less time this year and every coming year, and this powerful toolset may be just what it takes to help make that come true for YOU!